Well, what do you know? Two of our favorite (and most popular) makeup trends of all time — over-lining lips and contouring — have decided to team up! And what do you get when these two illusive tricks unite? Lip contouring. It’s the full-on shadow-and-light effect … for your pout. Following the same method as facial contouring, lip contouring focuses on adding dimension and definition to create the appearance of perfectly plump lips. So, grab your trusty liner, and let’s get to contouring.
What You Need:
- Lip balm
- Lip liner (a few shades darker than your natural lip tone)
- Nude lipstick (a slightly lighter shade than your liner)
- Lip brush
- Lip gloss
What to Do:
1. To ensure an even and flake-free application, exfoliate lips and apply a layer of non-greasy balm to your lips.
2. Using a liner that’s just a bit darker than your natural lip tone, slightly over-line your lips, starting from the inner corners and up to your Cupid’s bow for ultimate precision. Using the same pencil, fill in the outer corners of your lips and draw a vertical line right down the center of your lower lip for added dimension.
3. Using a lip brush, fill the rest of your lips in with your nude lipstick, and blend out any visible lines between the two shades.
4. Apply a small dot of clear lip gloss to the center of your lips to give them a larger-than-life appearance and using your highlighter (pencil or cream), add a dab over the gloss and right on your Cupid’s bow!